Saturday, October 16, 2010

Habari Za Jastin (News of Justin) Part II

I had to switch computers there and make this a 2 parter. Anyway, like I said the food has been great, the people are very friendly, and kiswahili isn't too tough of a language to learn.
On the other hand, it has been a rough transition in other ways, I'm not gonna say it's been completely easy and there hasn't been some days where I wake up and realize where I am and what I'm doing. You try to prepare as much as you can for life in another country, but until you get there you just have no idea. You think you know, but you don't know! It's all part of the deal though. I just keep reminding myself that this is what I wanted, a challenge and an opportunity. It's all good!
Well my time is almost up but I'll try to keep anybody interested up to date as much as possible!
I hope all is well back in the states!   

5 comments:

  1. Hey Cous!
    Just read your posts to gram and she's very glad to hear from you. She said that she was just praying for you this morning that you keep safe. I was teasing her telling her that she's gonna love the internet a lot more now that she gets to hear from her Oso bear.

    Be well, we're all sending you good thoughts from the Land of Enchantment,
    hil

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey justin - glad i came across your blog! blair told me about what you're up to, and it sounds absolutely amazing. i'm living in turkey right now, so i can sympathize with the difficulties of being in a foreign country, but it sounds like you're facing much more fundamental challenges than i am in my big city life here. i wish you lots of luck with everything though and i'm sending e-solidarity from one 505er abroad to another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Justin,
    It sounds like you are off to a great start. I can't wait to hear more. Much love from Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Slip 'n' Slider! I'm so excited you started a blog to record and share your adventure with us. Look forward to coming along for the ride! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete