Saturday, October 16, 2010

Habari Za Jastin (News of Justin)

Hello Friends and Family I have neglected to e-mail or call, or new friends, or random blog readers! I decided that creating a blog would be a much better way to keep in touch, as opposed to mass e-mails.
We've been in Tanzania for 3 weeks now and have been living in Morogoro region for the past 2 weeks. I'm living with a host family near the school where we are learning kiswahili and preparing to teach. My host family is awesome! I have 3 dada (sisters) - Elizabeth (20), Venancia (12) and Prisa (5), my host mama Jenifa and host baba (father) Peter. They couldn't have been more welcoming and treat me like I am truly a part of the family. We don't have running water or electricity -except when my host baba is home and we turn on the generator for some lights and the t.v. I've tried to help getting maji (water) but they have only let me go once, they really treat me like a prince. They did help teach me how to wash my clothes by hand but after the first time they have been just washing my clothes for me.
The food is so much better than I originally expected! I new I was in for a good deal of wali (rice) and marahage (beans), which I was looking forward to since I love rice and beans. But we've been eating such great vegetable dishes, fresh fish, great chicken and beef, and great fruit!   

No comments:

Post a Comment